Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much does the trailer weigh?
The 23 ft Freedom Express, GVWR 5000lbs, Tongue/hitch weight 500lbs
The 25’ NASH, GVWR 7500 lbs, Tongue weight 700 lbs
The 26 ft trailers, GVWR 7000 lbs, Tongue/hitch weight 580 lbs
The 28 ft trailers, GVWR 7775 lbs, Tongue weight 750 lbs
The 30’ Vibe, GVWR 8500 lbs, Tongue weight 800 lbs
The 32’ North Trail, GVWR 9000 lbs, Tongue weight 800 lbs
The 32’ Vibe, GVWR 9000lbs, Tongue weight 850 lbs
2. What do I need to pull the trailer myself?
- You need to be at least 25 years of age.
- Renter must be properly licensed with RV towing experience, or take a $50 orientation course
- Check your vehicle’s tow rating.
- As a rule of thumb, a ½ ton vehicle would need an equalizer hitch for sure.
- You need a 2 5/16 inch ball and a brake controller. Even if your truck or SUV comes with a complete towing package it generally does not come with a brake controller.
3. What do I need to take along?
You only need to take clothes, food, drink and blankets. The trailers come fully equipped from clothes’ line and pins to outside camp stove.
4. How can payment be made?
We accept VISA and Master card.
5. Do you deliver and set up the trailer?
Yes we do, anywhere in the Okanagan and Shuswap, the charge depends on the distance from Vernon, BC.
6. Are the trailers insured?
Yes they are insured for rental purposes through ICBC.
7. Does the trailer have air conditioning?
Yes, all our trailers have air conditioning, however, you must be hooked up to 30 Amp power in order for them to work. Alternatively you can rent one of our super quiet generator sets. Please note, as a rule of thumb and RV air conditioner can only accomplish a 10 degree C difference between inside and outside temperature. If the thermostat is set too low the unit will ‘freeze up’, and may destroy itself.
8. Do you repair trailers?
Yes we specialize in repairing furniture, upholstery, and cabinetry.
9. Do you move trailers?
We do tow travel trailers other than our own as well